Thursday, September 20, 2012

After Shock of 9/11/12

As an American, I was horrified to watch the events on September 11, 2012 in Cairo, Egypt and Benghazi, Libya. An obvious terrorist attack on our people and our ideals. I found myself glued to the news for days afterward as I watched the attacks continue. Which leads me to the very reason I started my very first blog.

September 12, 2012 I was still very concerned by the attacks and was watching the news, of course. Then a news report--President Obama is in Las Vegas, Nevada at a campaign rally. "What? No. Really?", I belted out. I was horrified. Perhaps my thinking is too simplistic. I thought that if U.S. Embassies and Consulates are being attacked and our Ambassador and staff were assassinated and unrest was continuing that surely our President would be in D.C. meeting with senior staff and generals. No. To my amazement, President Barack Hussein Obama is lighthearted in Sin City campaigning!! I was so frustrated and astonished I took to the one forum I knew I could reach many people, Facebook. I posted:

"Does anyone think it is strange that President Obama is campaigning in Las Vegas the day after we were attacked in Egypt and Libya instead of being in DC dealing with this very serious situation?

Believe me, my thoughts were not so gentle at the time. But, Facebook is a friendly public forum, so, I tried to keep it light. But my heart has been getting heavier in my grief over the lack of response from the leader of our free nation. I was so relieved to read the comments to my question I posted. Yes, friends thought it strange as well. Good, I was not the only one. Over the next several days my posts were very political. I could not help myself. There it is staring me in the face "What's on your mind?" Although very tempered, I decided to say what is on my mind. After a few days of this and concerned I would make my "friends" weary of my political posts when this is sort of a lighthearted forum, I started tweeting. But, I just could not get all my thoughts in that tiny tweet. So, here we are. Thank you Google+. I have entered the stratosphere of blogging.

September 13, 2012: U.S. Embassy in Yemen attacked, riots in in Egypt and Libya continue. Where is our Commander in Chief? Colorado. Campaigning. "What! You are kidding!", as I shook in astonishment and anger. Is he not concerned with the safety of the United States, our embassies, our people abroad? Did he send in our military to defend our territory overseas? No. Did he stand strong as the leader of the greatest and strongest nation on Earth? No. What did he do? He apologized to those he said were offended. Even before the attacks there was an apology. The statement said: "The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."

SERIOUSLY?!

They have us apologizing? For what? That statement is not consistent with our First Amendment. Then they tweet, "U.S. Embassy condemns religious incitement," and then they tweet, "We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims."

Mitt Romney had it right, "I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."

We need to have the philosophy that President Reagan had "Peace through Strength". Apologizing is putting our people and our nation's safety in jeopardy.

I am an American by birth. I am proud by choice. This is the greatest nation in the world, literally.

Old Glory Forever.















No comments:

Post a Comment